Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility):
Post holder will focus on delivering contract to meet client expectations, lead and be responsible for coordinating a team, reporting and maintaining a safe environment.
Effective supervision on operation to ensure the soft services standards compliance ARB premises.
- Must have proven experience of custodial staff management and administration.
- Requisite qualification/experience of custodial chemicals uses with COSHH, MSDS sheets and PPE use.
- BICSc Certification.
- Should be familiar with local codes & safety regulations.
- Should have experience in/or familiar with cleaning machines, chemicals and equipment.
- Ability to write reports and understand manuals, policies and procedures.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage work on time and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Knowledge in computers/ Word, excel, power point.
- Good communications skills.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- With at least 3 years’ experience in custodial organization and 2 years supervising buildings and custodial staff.
- A certificate in diploma or higher secondary school education.
- Ability to work under pressure to multi-task and maintain. professionalism.
- Directly report to Soft Services Manager (FM) on all operational and administrative needs of the staff of his/her area of responsibility.
- Responsible to see that site supervisors and site staff understood and adhere to site policies and procedures.
- Plan and execute site inspection schedules on a regular basis. Submit site reports to SSM on daily basis.
- Check that the scopes of work is followed by site staff and any anomalies are reported to SSM promptly.
- Walking around the sites for inspection on daily basis.
- Provide feedback to the staff on the issues raised by them and by management, occupants or client.
- Ensure that the staff is adhering to proper dress codes, understand the scope of work, documents recorded correctly, and that the mechanical equipment is operated and maintained safely.
- Imparts requisite training when required while visiting the site to the staff on modern janitorial methods, materials and equipment’s, principals of sanitation and safety.
- Check that the company and client assets are preserved and not misused.
- Supervise the physical security of sites, systems, fire safety maintenance of grounds and to take the necessary action to rectify the deficiencies.
- Responsible to monitor, identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Liaison between the principal and site based custodial staff.
- Follows and accomplish any other related work given to him/her from time to time.
- Participate in HSE meetings given topics by HSE department on monthly basis.
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Checking and confirming staff attendances by signing attendance sheets on daily basis.
- Handling client’s complaints.
- Handling operations incident reports.
- Participate in Emergency and First Aid activities.
- Observe punctuality, get to work on time and observe time consumed by the staff to perform each task